8.1 WEIGHT OF BAGGAGE
8.1.1 Each passenger is entitled to a maximum of four pieces of baggage with the maximum dimensions of 100x80x30cm.
The fee for checked-in baggage will be charged according to the travel period, as follows:
For domestic flights in Romania, the first piece of checked-in baggage is free of charge.
In the situation in which the checked-in baggage is paid at the departure airport within check-in/ticketing formalities, the fee is 50 EUR/ baggage/ flight segment.The maximum allowed weight for the checked-in baggage is of 32 kilos per piece.
Baggage weight cannot be accumulated between two or more passengers.
For children up to 2 years old (Infants), a free checked-in baggage up to 32 kg is accepted. If a stroller of one or more pieces is brought for the infant, it will be considered checked-in baggage, and other baggage will be charged according to the conditions of carriage for luggage for adults.
8.1.2 Bicycles are accepted for transport only as checked-in baggage against a EUR 25/bicycle/flight charge.
8.1.3 For the transportation of sports equipment for golf, skiing, water skiing which weight does not exceed 32kg, a 30 Euros charge will be paid per passenger per flight segment. This requires packaging in a transport-suitable casing.
8.2 ITEMS UNACCEPTABLE IN THE BAGGAGE
8.2.1 You shall not put in your baggage the following items:
220.127.116.11 Items which may jeopardize the safety of the aircraft or the passengers, the items provided in the Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air issued by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), in the instructions of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and in our regulations (further details are available upon request).
18.104.22.168 Items the carriage of which is prohibited under the laws, rules, orders in force in any country of destination/departure.
22.214.171.124 Items which we deem as dangerous because of their shape, volume or weight. Information on unacceptable items may be provided upon request.
126.96.36.199 Radioactive Materials
188.8.131.52 Weapons and fire arms, lethal or non- lethal ammunition, other than those used for hunting or sport.
The following shall be an exception to this rule:
184.108.40.206(a) Weapons and fire arms and ammunition for hunting or target shooting which may be transported only as Checked-in Baggage according to our Carrier's Regulations. Such must be unclamped into components, packed accordingly and separated from the related ammunition. Ammunition must be transported pursuant to the Regulations on the Carriage of Dangerous Goods issued by ICAO and IATA. Such items must be declared upon check-in.
220.127.116.11(b) Panoply weapons, swords, daggers and other similar items which may be carried only as Checked-in Baggage according to our Rules of Carriage. Such shall be declared upon check-in.
18.104.22.168(c) Knives for domestic use and other similar items carried only as Checked-in Baggage according to our Rules of Carriage. Such items shall be declared upon check-in.
8.2.2 You must not introduce in your Checked-in Baggage money, jewelry, precious metals, laptop computers, personal electronic items, important papers, documents, passports or other identity documents.The failure to observe such recommendation exonerates us from any liability related to the loss, deterioration or destruction of the above-mentioned items, which may occur during handling or transportation.
8.3 CHECKED-IN BAGGAGE
8.3.1 When your Checked-in Baggage is handed over for check-in, it gets in our custody and we shall issue an Identification Baggage Tag.
We recommend you to specify on the Checked-in Baggage your name, address and a telephone number where you may be contacted.
8.3.2 The Checked-in Baggage shall be carried in the same aircraft as you. If this is not possible for reasons independent of our will we have the obligation to carry it to your destination specified on the electronic ticket, as soon as possible.
8.3.3 The Catania and Naples airports charge a tax of 8 Euro, respectively, 5 euro, for collecting the baggage fee.
8.3.4 BAGGAGE WITH DECLARED VALUE FOR CARRIAGE ON FLIGHTS OF BLUE AIR
1. As an operating air carrier, Blue Air may accept a passenger's baggage for carriage with declared value, which may be higher than the limitations 1,131 Special Drawing Rights - SDR, provided that the passenger had met certain conditions.
The passenger should state his intention to register his baggage with declared value to the following Blue Air email address: email@example.com submitting the completed declaration and supporting documentation (invoice, bills etc.) at least ten working days before the date of travel to receive a prior acceptance.
2. The passenger states his intention to register his baggage with declared value provided that within the time limit set forth in the preceding paragraph 1 he had met the following requirements:
2.1. The passenger is in possession of a valid ticket for carriage on a Blue Air flight.
2.2. The passenger declares his baggage value for carriage.
2.3. The limitation of liability for declared value is 4,000 euro.
2.4. The passenger must submit an inventory of the items to be carried with declared value, bearing his own signature at the above mentioned email address.
2.5. The passenger must declare that the packing of the baggage shall be his obligation and the Carrier shall bear no responsibility for the said packing.
2.6. The passenger must declare his consent that the baggage should be inspected immediately before travel in order to check the match of its contents with the declared value and the presented inventory, as well as compliance with the obligation undertaken under the preceding subparagraph 2.5.
2.7. The passenger shall pay an additional charge to the amount of 50 EUR from the declared value.
3. Upon meeting the requirements set forth in paragraph 2 the relevant employee of Blue Air shall issue by a document for the value under subparagraph 2.7
4. Before submitting his luggage for registration the passenger must contact the responsible employee of Blue Air at least three hours before the flight in order to fill in a Declaration for Declared Value
and to ensure the actions specified in subparagraph 2.6 to be carried out. The Passenger may not pack his baggage in a way that hinders its inspection, or in a packaging that could be destroyed by the inspection.
5. Should the inspection carried out under subparagraph 2.6 establish a mismatch between the baggage and the declared value and/or the presented inventory, the Carrier shall be entitled to refuse carriage of the said baggage under the terms and conditions of the submitted Declaration for Declared Value and transport it under general terms and conditions instead (as a registered baggage without declared value). In such cases the fee, paid by the passenger under subparagraph 2.7, will not be reimbursed.
6. The passenger may not submit for carriage baggage with declared value in unsuitable containers, e.g. cardboard boxes, bags, sacks, backpacks, soft-sided suitcases, etc, that are incapable of securing the integrity of the baggage and must not include the following: money, jewelry, precious metals, keys, cameras, computers, medicines, spectacles, sunglasses, contact lenses, watches, mobile phones, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities, cigarettes, tobacco or tobacco products or other valuables, business documents, passports, artifacts, paintings or other type of art and other identification documents or samples.
7. Should the inspection carried out under subparagraph 2.6 establish that special packaging is necessary for securing the integrity of the baggage, or of items contained therein, or of the container itself, the passenger must comply with the requirements posed by the inspecting employee, otherwise the Carrier is entitled to exercise its rights under subparagraph 5.
8. The passenger shall register his baggage by presenting the document issued under paragraph 4, bearing an inscription that the inspection has been carried out.
9. In case of a roundtrip ticket the passenger must fill in two Declarations for Declared Value, one for each leg of the journey. In such a case each declaration shall be processed under the above-mentioned procedure separately, independent of each other.
10. Blue Air will accept for carriage baggage with a Special Declaration for Declared Value only in case it is the "operating carrier" on the respective flight sector.
11. Upon completion of the flight the passenger may claim his luggage by presenting a baggage tag and the document specified in paragraph 4.
8.4 CARRY-ON BAGGAGE
8.4.1 You are entitled to have only one carry-on baggage which may not exceed 10 kilos and the size of 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. The baggage’s dimensions include all its accessories (wheels, handles, outer pockets, etc.).
Infants cannot have carry-on baggage but may transport luggage according to article 8.1.1.
Only one piece of baggage will be accepted per passenger. Purses/pouches and electronic devices (camera, laptop, tablet, etc.) must be placed in this baggage. Only products purchased in the airport from Duty Free shops can be transported separately from the carry-on baggage.
8.4.2 Musical instruments that are not considered to be dangerous because of their shape or volume can be transported as carry-on baggage, respecting article 8.5.1. If the musical instrument exceeds the given dimensions and/or weight, the passenger must pay the equivalent amount of one seat in order to ensure the transport of the instrument in the cabin. If the instrument respects article 8.1.1, it may be transported as hold luggage.
8.4.3 In the situation in which a passenger presents at the boarding gate a baggage that does not comply with the designated weight and size of the hand luggage, as stipulated in article 8.5.1, the passenger will be charged an additional urgent baggage processing fee of 65 EUR per baggage/ passenger/ flight segment. The baggage will be assumed and transported as a checked-in baggage.
8.4.4 In order to comply with these Conditions of Carriage, all passengers must weigh their carry-on baggage and demonstrate this baggage fits easily in the devices especially made to verify them. The check-in/boarding agents have the right and obligation to verify visually and by measurement and weighing of the carry-on baggage in order to ensure the strict compliance with these Conditions of Carriage.
In case of doubt, the weight limitations shall take precedence over the size limitations. The result of the weigh will be rounded up, in respect to the passenger, to the lowest number of kilograms.
8.4.5 We reserve our right to refuse the transport of any baggage that does not comply with the conditions of article 8.4.1 and any passenger that does not comply with the conditions of article 8.4.3.
Passengers who do not comply with the Conditions of Carriage for carry-on baggage may be denied boarding if they do not accept their baggage to be collected and transported in the aircraft hold.
Blue Air will not be held accountable for any damage caused by the passenger’s refusal to comply with these conditions of carriage.
8.5 COLLECTION AND DELIVERY OF CHECKED-IN BAGGAGE
8.5.1 You must collect your Checked-in Baggage when you arrive at destination. Unless you collect your baggage within 30 days, such baggage is taken over in our custody and we may charge a storage fee. If the baggage is not claimed and collected within one month from the date when it is brought to destination, we may use it in any manner whatsoever without any material liability to you.
8.5.2 Only the owner of the Checked-in Baggage and of the Baggage Identification Tag is entitled to collect the baggage.
8.5.3 The Checked-in Baggage of which we take custody shall be handed over only to its owner provided that he/she shows the Baggage Identification Tag or to any legally authorized person.
8.6 LIVE ANIMALS
8.6.1 In the passengers cabin it is permitted to carry small living animals belonging to the PET category (pet + cage in a total of maximum weight of 6 kg.) cats or dogs, in special cages with the maximum dimensions of 45x30x23cm, the owner having the responsibility to hold them during the flight. In this case, the transportation is against a EUR 35 charge/animal/ flight segment if the ticket is purchased via our web page or the Reservation and Customer Service Department and 50 EUR charge/animal / flight segment if the ticket/SSR is purchased at the airport as part of the check-in procedures.
Passengers traveling with PET (dog or cat + cage of maximum 6kg) in the airplane cabin must go to the check-in desk in the airport at least 90 minutes before departure, with the documents mentioned in art. 8.6.4, to carry out the necessary formalities related to the PET. Passengers traveling with PET are required to go to the check-in desk even if the online check-in was made and/ or passengers have no baggage to register.
8.6.2 Carriage of average living animals, dogs or cats is permitted in the aircraft hold provided that such animals are kept in standardized cages according to IATA Regulations, cages with the maximum dimensions of 120 cm x 80 cm x 80 cm, and that their number does not exceed three on one flight. The carriage shall be made against payment, at the tariff of EUR 75 charge/animal / flight segment applicable on the gross weight (cage and animal- max 32KG) if the ticket is purchased via our web page or the Reservation and Customer Service Department and 100 EUR charge/ animal/ flight segment if the ticket/SSR is purchased at the airport as part of the check-in procedures.
If the total weight of the animal + the cage exceeds the designated 32 kg, a tax of 50 EUR/ 50 GBP/ 250 RON will be imposed, tax that can be paid only during check-in formalities.
8.6.3 Only dogs and cats may be carried in the passenger cabin, as well as in the aircraft hold, and only under the conditions mentioned in the Articles of Chapter 8.6.
8.6.4 In order to travel with a pet in an EU State, live animals must meet the following requirements:
- have a microchip implanted under the skin;
- have a health certificate;
- have a valid rabies vaccine, in accordance to the following EU legislation: http://ec.europa.eu/food/animals/pet-movement/eu-legislation/non-commercial-eu_en
- have a passport for animals, issued by the veterinarian.
8.6.5 For the trips headed for the UK
, no live animals may be transported either in the passenger cabin, or in the hold.
Starting with January 1st, 2012, for all flights to/from Ireland
, live animals (cats and dogs) can be transported under the conditions mentioned above (articles 8.6.1, 8.6.2 and 8.6.3), plus the conditions available here
8.6.6 For passengers traveling with a pet in cabin, the allocation of seats will be on the penultimate row, in order not to create any discomfort to other passengers.
8.7 HUMAN REMAINS
8.7.1. Human remains are not acceptable for carriage on any passenger aircraft for any destination.
8.7.2 Carriage of human ashes is acceptable subject to a prior arrangement.
8.8 WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION
8.8.1 To transport a weapon you must comply with the legislation for weapons and ammunition and must have a permit to carry it. The weapon must we transported in the checked-in baggage, disarmed, with the ammunition separately packed. According to IATA regulations, a passenger cannot carry more than 5 kg of ammunition/ flight.
8.8.2 The tax for transporting a weapon is 60 EUR/ piece/ flight segment, payable online, or at the check-in, as a Special Service Request.
The company reserves its right to change the regulations concerning the weight, dimensions and the taxes for the baggage for all Blue Air flights, before the beginning of the journey, by announcing these changes on the company’s website within the section "News" or "Terms and Conditions of Carriage".