BLUE AIR IS THE BIGGEST ROMANIAN AIRLINE
We are proud to present to you our operational figures for the first six months of 2016, a milestone year for Blue Air’s development. The airline has had an excellent start of 2016, having become a full member of IATA (International Air Transport Association), shortly after receiving the IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) certification for the highest safety standards.
This May, Blue Air received the award for being the best low-cost airline in Romania during TopHotels Awards 2016 ceremony, and event part of Hotel Tourism & Leisure Investment Conference. Moreover, the airline was awarded recently by Hermes Airports, the operator of Larnaca and Paphos airports, for highest traffic percentage growth in 2015 at Larnaca Airport.
Gheorghe Racaru, Blue Air CEO, said: “We have grown together and we are now the largest Romanian airline. We would like to extend our most sincere appreciation to both Blue Air’s passengers and our partners for supporting our operations in all these past years. We have developed our company in every single aspect in 2016, starting with our aircraft fleet, which now consists of 25 units. In addition, we have inaugurated a total of 25 new routes, and we have diversified our services, offering our passengers the highest level of standards in terms of comfort, quality as well as safety, at the most affordable prices.”
Total Blue Air Passengers
Blue Air posted a record high of 1,424,858 passengers in the first six months of 2016, representing a massive 147% growth when compared to the corresponding period of 2014. This significant increase was mainly due to the launch of 25 new routes this year, added from our operational bases in Bucharest, Bacau, Cluj-Napoca*, Iasi, Larnaca and Turin.
Total Blue Air Routes
The arrival of the summer aviation season (that started on 27 March) has set the tone for Blue Air’s massive expansion as the airline witnessed the introduction of 25 new routes in the March-June timeframe. Therefore, the airline now operates a total of 70 airport pairs (both internationally and domestically), representing an increase of 250% when compared to 2014’s operations.
Total Blue Air Flights
Blue Air’s development is especially highlighted by the total of flights recorded in the first six months of 2016, taking into consideration that this figure has more than tripled when compared to 2014.
Total Blue Air Aircraft
Blue Air has invested significantly in its aircraft fleet in 2016, and starting this summer the airline operates a total of 26 units, representing a massive increase considering two years ago it was operating with nine aircraft. Out of the current 26 units, 17 aircraft feature a modern interior, while the other nine are planned to undergo a modernization process in the following period.
Total Blue Air Bases
Blue Air will have six operational bases in 2016, namely Bucharest, Bacau, Iasi, Larnaca, Turin and Cluj-Napoca, with the latter becoming active as of October 2016.
Total Blue Air Employees
Around 91.6% of current Blue Air employees are Romanian, while the rest (8.4%) are foreigners.